Monday, October 28, 2013

New Companion Elder Bell

 
Transfers were today, I am staying in Claremont and Elder Thomsen went to Arcadia. My new companion is Elder Bell. I have also been called as the District Leader which means I get to teach district meeting every on Thursdays, and there will be 8 of us in the district.

Amber missed our appointment on Thursday, and we set up another time to meet with her on Wednesday, she also didn't make it to church. We were able to meet with Sean again, we taught her the plan of salvation, she understood it, but I think she just wants to know more about the Church rather that join it. Tuesday we had a pass of lesson with the Spanish ward sister missionaries. Which is a lesson where you pass an investigator of to another set of missionaries, in this case the investigator wanted to go to an English ward. Her name is Bianca, she is looking for a good Church, mostly for her son. She understands what we have taught, and we are meeting with her again on Tuesday. The biggest concern is that her husband is a Jehovah's Witness, and for some reason they don't like Mormons. So we are hoping to talk to him and find out if it is okay if we can teach her.

 On Friday we had a mission tour. A General Authority came and taught us. Elder Sitati  of the Seventy came. He is originally from Kenya. He focused mostly on our purpose as missionaries. It was most of the day, I learned a lot from it, and I study the notes I took and apply what I learned. 

I think that's about sums up my week. Thanks for the love and support.

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment