Monday, February 11, 2013

First Letter

My first six days at the MTC have been great. My departure date is on February 19, thirteen days from when I arrived at the MTC. The group of missionaries I arrived with is the largest the MTC mission president has seen since he was called and it is just going to get bigger every week. We are also the first group to leave in two weeks. I have learned a lot about how to be a more effective missionary. I can't wait to get to Arcadia and start teaching. My MTC companion is Elder Fenn from Arizona. Including me my MTC district has twelve missionaries: Elder Compton, Elder Lindner, Elder Cotter, Elder Hahn, Elder Sasser,Elder Fenn, Elder Maldunado, Elder Jones, Elder Christensen, Elder Dunslow, and Elder Smith. Elder Christensen is the district leader. My teachers, Brother Yack and Sister Sandstrom, are great. President Richards, my branch president amazing. I love being here and I love my family.
 
Jake

2 comments:

  1. Awesome letter! Sounds like he's doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome. We are so glad you are loving it and having such a good time. You are such a great young man. Thanks for being such a great example and friend to Tyler. We wish you all the best.
    Amy Hanks and family












    friend to Tyler. We hope you the best!
    Amy Hanks

    ReplyDelete